23 January 0100
In the first century. BC, Cicero in its Verrine tells of a temple dedicated to the god Crisa: “God has a sanctuary in the countryside right on a side of a road that leads to Assoro Enna.” (Cicero, The trial of Verres, Book IV , 96)
23 January 1558
In 1558 the historian and writer Thomas Fazzello found the temple in the small cave church dedicated to St. Peter, “commonly called San Peri“, now ruins. Even today the ruins of the temple / church that gave its name, first to the district and then to the company, are clearly visible inside the property. The place of the temple was not random. Crisa, in fact, was a river god whose course started from a source placed at the base of the country of Leonforte until arriving in Simeto. The spot where stood the temple dominates perfectly all the fertile valley. The water for the inhabitants of Assoro, and then Leonforte, has costiuito always an important dowry with which to produce the rich local fruits. In the same way, the farm Samperi, collected their legacy by continuing to use this important resource without sprecchi and with the utmost care.
1 June 1600
Dalla fondazione di Enna nel 1600 , la famiglia è stata proprietaria del terreno che ora costituiscono l’impresa.
15 July 1800
In 1800 there stood a brick factory, of which you can still see the remains of a furnace, which used both the abundant availability of water clay. Starting from the unification of Italy, the family went through a difficult period caused primarily by the entire expropriation of the source by the State Railways to supply new steam locomotives that were used to bring the sulfur extracted from the nearby mine Faccialavata up the port of Catania.
30 November 1983
With the closing of the sulfur mines and the subsequent introduction of the diesel drive in the railways , it gradually brought the availability of water to the family Found. Prerequisite in 1983 because Joseph found , father of the current owner , could implant the first peach orchard , crop that requires significant water resources . From those years has been a continuous growth that led the first two acres of peach orchard to become 7 and provide the company with all the necessary investments for processing after collection .
17 April 1996
In 1996 , following the success of Fisheries of Leonforte , was born the Consortium founded by Joseph found but disappeared in 1998 , at the beginning of his work as President .
1 October 2006
The producers of Leonforte get the Protected Geographical Indication of Fisheries of Leonforte .
31 December 2013
Oggi l’azienda è condotta da Giovanni Trovati, figlio di Giuseppe, porta avanti un prodotto unico nel suo genere e ricercato in tutto il mondo.