The churches of the town represent a large number of monuments to visit.
Dedicated to St. John the Baptist, its construction was very slow and with the death of the prince of Leonforte in 1661 the central nave, the aisles and façade were incomplete. The work began again in 1728. Then in 1740 Ercole Branciforti, Fourth Prince of Leonforte, commissioned the D’Urso Acicatena brothers, Peter and Paul, to complete the building in the form that we see today. The choir, the transept, the nave and the interior were finished in stucco work, including the two chapels of The Most Holy Crucifix and St. John at the end of the transept. Inside the church there are paintings and sculptures from the XVII and XVIII centuries and an organ donated by Donato del Piano, the Patroness’s fercolo (the structure on which the statue is carried in procession), and rare silk and gold vestments.
An important mausoleum of the Branciforti family, this church contains a remarkable chapel decorated with a precious alabaster portal, sculpted in 1647 by G. Gallina. It surrounds the sarcophagus of Princess Catherine Branciforti who died in 1634 at the age of 42. The elegant Portovenere marble tomb was commissioned by her husband in 1635 and was sculpted by the Lombardy artist G.G. Cirasolo, on the model of that of the Prince of Trabia, his maternal grandfather, in the church of St. Zita in Palermo.
Built in 1646 as a private chapel, it was linked to a nearby building by means of a raised corridor which was subsequently demolished. Inside the chapel there were two lateral balconies which, after a fire in 1881, were transformed into altars during the renovations.
On the façade is an exceptional portal surmounted by a noteworthy niche containing a marble plaque. In the niche set in the middle of the tympanum lintel is an alabaster statuette of the Saint from Padova by G. Galina, a sculptor from Enna. The imposing bell tower has an elaborate spire made of polychrome majolica from the S. Branciforti workshop.